Monday 8 April 2013

Miracle Antioxidant Smoothie


Most days when I can I love to make smoothies. They taste amazing for a start, but I also like them to give me what I need in terms of my five a day and a good dose of antioxidants.

First off, oxidants can cause damage to your cells. Don't get me wrong, we need oxidants but our bodies themselves also have a mechanism to keep them working at the optimum level and prevent them harming you. There are a few antioxidants (such as vitamin c) which we need from out diet. Many people have made vast claims about how antioxidants can help you, nobody knows how accurate these claims are but I personally feel a whole lot better when I've had my daily dose.

The main antioxidants in this smoothie are the blueberries, spinach and matcha green tea (keep this in the fridge!) but all fruit has a certain level of antioxidants due to the vitamins that it contains. You can include anything in your smoothie but don't be afraid of including leafy greens such as spinach because they are so good for you and you can't even taste them in a smoothie like this one!

What I used; (for one big glass)
1 Banana
1 Apple (small)
Handful Blueberries
Handful Spinach
5 Raspberries
Tiny spoon of Match Green Tea (pictured)





No comments:

Post a Comment